Re: Multiple questions

Brian Potkin wrote:

> copernicus:$ dpkg -S dpkg-reconfigure
> debconf: /usr/share/man/pt_BR/man8/dpkg-reconfigure.8.gz
> debconf: /usr/share/man/man8/dpkg-reconfigure.8.gz
> debconf: /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure
>
> > trixie:~> find /usr/bin -name '*dpkg*'
>
> As you see debconf has dpkg-reconfigure in /usr/sbin.  `locate *dpkg*'
> is probably better than using find in this case.

Ah, yes.  I was not root when I tried running dpkg-reconfigure, and I
looked in /bin, /usr/bin, and /sbin, but I did not know about
/usr/sbin.  I ran it from root and all is well.  I wasn't aware of
'locate', so I'll use that in the future.

So about the locales, I ran dpkg-reconfigure locales, selected the
"en_US" and "en_US.UTF-8" options, then chose "en_us" as the system
default.  Now I don't get the "locale not supported by C library"
message, so I'm assuming I did the right thing?  Why the two entries for
en_US?

Brian