Re: What does CVS mean? And how can I use it?

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:45:52PM +0200, Roland Wegmann wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am going to install ALSA sound support on my iMac. Therefore I found on the
> page of  AlsaOpensrcOrg (http://www.boosthardware.com/LAU/guide/) the
> following hint:
>
> Use the very latest CVS, this driver is under development.
> You need the module snd-powermac.

A more terse way to put it could be "Compile the code yourself from the
latest sourcecode snapshot (which is available from our CVS repository)"

> What does CVS mean?

Concurrent Versions System - A (quite good) version control system

> Is that something to integrate into the file source.list?

No.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com