sudden problems with masqueraded connections over a t-dsl line

since friday my isp german telekom changed some configuration in their routers.
everytime when i connect to remote host through my firewall who is masquerading
internal connections the connection to the remote host freezes after a certain number of bytes has been
transferred. i changed nothing on my firewall config. i asked the isp to reset my dsl port and check their
equipment. i also changed the masquerading port range in case they want to prevent their customers
from masquerading (don't ask why). when i ssh to my firewall and connect directly to the remote machine
everything is working fine. at the moment i installed some port forwarders on my firewall to connect directly
to a remote machine. if i use them or a some other local proxy it works fine. only masqueraded connections
are stalling

is there anyone out there who had the same experience or knows any workarounds or has
any ideas how i can find out what exactly freezes the connection.

one strange thing that came along with this that i'm not able to ping my p-t-p partner, but its pingable from
outside.
i even used a windows machine to do the dialip connection and nat via ics. same strange behaviour.

thanks for your help

peter