Re: ps broke!?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 01:05:46PM -0100, andrej hocevar wrote:
> suddenly -- after a kernel upgrade, it's 2.4.18 with atyfb now -- ps
> stopped working. This is the output:
>
> Signal 7 caught by ps (procps version 2.0.7).
> Please send bug reports to <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>
>
> But top still works. What's wrong here?

I remember something similar to this happening after an upgrade that I
did a few months ago. In my case, the contents of /proc were written to
the harddrive, and to solve the problem I ended up booting with Tom's
Root Boot, fscking the harddrive, and deleting the contents of /proc on
my harddrive.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com