Re: Mozilla 1.0

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 10:36:40AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 21:57, Richard Beri wrote:
> > Am I the only person getting Mozilla 1.0 to crash all the time in
Sid?
> > So many different pages it just locks up.  I was having this
problem
> > with RC1-3 and thought that 1.0final would clear it up but it
hasn't.
> > Try http://www.radiocontrolledclock.com and thats just the tip of
the
> > iceberg.  I've tried deleting ~/.mozilla and starting fresh but
this
> > doesn't help.  The worst part is that I can't just restart mozilla,
and
> > have to do a "killall mozilla-bin"   Anybody else getting stability
> > issues with Mozilla 1.0?
> 1.0rc3-1 is very stable on my system.  What do I have to do to
> get radiocontrolledclock.com to crash mozilla?

i'm not positive how to reproduce it, but i did figure out that
mozilla was blocking while trying to talk to esd.  killing esd freed
it up and let it run.  i've had trouble with esd blocking things up
before, especially gqmpeg, ogg123, mpg123 combinations when i try to
skip through songs quickly.

ok, further investigation...if esd is not running, mozilla's flash
plugin (which ultimately uses the java plugin?) tries to access it,
which starts it, then it gets stuck.  killall -CONT esd gets it going
again.  having esd running before mozilla tries to access it allows it
to check esd and move on without getting stuck.

--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |