Re: HDD vs. RAID (was Re: Lilo Q)

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 14:22, Robert Webb wrote:

> Dave Sherohman wrote:
[snip]
> yup, there IDE RAID controllers out there. Whether they help speed or
> not I don't know.
> I am actually running one that does only RAID 1 for redundancy for my
> firewall. Cannot
> afford to have that go down. :-)

I think, if I wanted that type of security in my firewall, that
I'd create a CD-R + floppy disk solution, where the floppy disk
has just one file: the firewall config script.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |