Kernel panic... :-(

Hello all!

I just installed the 2.4.18 kernel on my Woody, now it doesn't even
boot. First I ran it using the floppy with the new image (or so I
thought it was like this:
---
Uncompress Linux....

ran out of input data

-- System halted
---
I am running SuSE 8.0 on this same box and lilo is SuSE's, the Debian
part looks like this:
---
image = /data2/vmlinuz
    initrd = /data2/initrd.img
    label = Debian
    root = /dev/hdb10
---
/data2 is where Woodys /boot is
What happens now when I boot with lilo from MBR is that the screen just
goes black at once and reboots immediately.

What confuses me a bit is how it looks in the Debian /boot folder:
---
System.map-2.2.20-idepci
System.map-2.4.18-386
System.map-2.4.18-586tsc
System.map-2.4.18-bf2.4
System.map-2.4.18-k7
boot-bmp.b
boot-bmp.b.preserved
boot-compat.b
boot-compat.b.preserved
boot-menu.b
boot-menu.b.preserved
boot-text.b
boot-text.b.preserved
boot.b
chain.b
chain.b.preserved
config-2.2.20-idepci
config-2.4.18-386
config-2.4.18-586tsc
config-2.4.18-bf2.4
config-2.4.18-k7
initrd.img
initrd.img-2.4.18-386
initrd.img-2.4.18-586tsc
initrd.img-2.4.18-k7
lost+found
os2_d.b
os2_d.b.preserved
vmlinuz
vmlinuz-2.2.20-idepci
vmlinuz-2.4.18-386
vmlinuz-2.4.18-586tsc
vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4
vmlinuz-2.4.18-k7
---
This is quite a lot of stuff! The symlinks vmlinuz and inird.img point
to the *-k7 one.
The installation I did was just:
$apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18
and I thought that should do it, obviously I must have missed something
here.

I'm trying to move over from SuSE to Debian so this is a little
frustrating... :-/

I'm thankful for all the help I can get on this.

Cheers,
Helgi Örn

--
<http://www.sacred-eagle.com/>