Re: MP3 encoder

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 08:13:58PM +0200, Gregory Soyez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for an MP3 encoder for linux. I've browsed the package list of
> both woody and sid (not too quickly, I hope) , but unsuccessfully.
> Can anyone recommand me one ?
Use ogg :)

Ok mp3 is still widly used so search at freshmeat.net after lame.
In the source tarbal is a debian subdir with everything you need.
Change into the source dir and simply type dpkg-buildpkg -b

Install the .deb file with dpkg -i <the-file> and use lame.

Sven

BTW: lame is not included in debian cause of a patent issue

--
Sven Hoexter -=|=- Earth - Germany - Leverkusen
NOTICE: you have just been infected with Cooperative UNIX Email Virus,