Re: Changing refresh rate in X

On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 13:24, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Nicos Gollan wrote:
> >
> > > I've got my monitor connected to my laptop so I can work at my desk
> > > easier. The laptop's native resolution is 1400x1050 which my monitor
> > Try xvidtune (I don't know what package that's in). It produces
> > modelines from a relatively friendly GUI.
>
> Or xf86cfg (if you are running XFree 4.x) has similar functionality.

I've tried both and neither is doing what I need. I've managed to get
the resolution switched to 1280x1024 at which I KNOW I can do 85+ Hz,
but it just isn't happening. I'm beginning to think that it's an issue
with the program I'm using to get VGA out to cooperate. (atitvout) It
seems to only want to do 60Hz no matter what.

-Alex