Re: apt-get dist-upgrade -u doesn't tell me what it's getting

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 04:46:29AM -0400, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
> I use the commands "apt-get update && apt-get -u dist-upgrade" when I
> want to check and get upgrades but apt doesn't tell me exactly what it
> is getting ... Here's a log of what I have
>
> # apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade -u
> Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org woody/main Packages
> [1779kB]
> Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main Packages
> .
> .
> Get:2 http://non-us.debian.org unstable/non-US/main Release [89B]
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org unstable/non-US/contrib Packages

It *is* telling you exactly what it's getting: it's getting the Release
and Packages files, which are indexes for what's available. Later on it
will download the individual packages themselves, if any are available,
and continue to tell you exactly what it's fetching.