Re: KaZaA + Debian Woody + XP

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 07:58:45PM -0400, FreeportWeb Debian Support Account wrote:

> Someone asked about pop-up's.  Yeah, it still has them, and it always
> will as long as the product uses the IE control for its landing screen.
> When you open Kazaa and Kazaa Lite (which is the same thing), you
> get a browser interface, this is where the popups are coming from --
> right from the site.  Not much you can do about that.

Maybe there is. Block traffic to:

www.brilliantdigital.com
desktop.kazaa.com
shop.kazaa.com
www.bonzi.com
www.b3d.com

It has been a couple of months since I used KazaaLite. At the time
the README advised to add these sites to the HOSTS file in
c:\windows pointing them to 127.0.0.1.

Perhaps there is a better way to block traffic to these destinations
under Linux?

Anyway, this disabled only the start page in Kazaa. All the rest
worked like a charm. Perhaps it still works.

Bob