Re: HP 2200d (double face) still not working

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 18:26, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

> 	Hi,
> 	I posted this before and it isnt working yet.
> 	If anyone can help me I will be glad.
> 	Thanks,
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 	Hi all,
> 	I purchased a HP 2200d laser printer. I configured it with lprng and magicilter (using hp4jl driver). It works ok.
>  	But I want to know how to print in double face (front and back sides). I think that the printer supports this.
>  	My /etc/printcap is:
>
>  	lp|hplj2200d|HP Laserjet 2200d:\
>  	:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj2200d:\
> 	:sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
> 	:if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4l-filter:\
> 	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:
>
> 	TIA,		Paulo Henrique

I just got a 2200d (I think probably between your posts, actually), and
I have gotten the double-sided printing working.  I've tried a bunch of
different configurations and CUPS was the easiest to make work.

Install cupsys, cupsys-bsd (or cupsys-client, or both) and hp-ppd; you
need hp-ppd to get the Postscript Printer Description file for the
2200d.  CUPS has a web-based configuration engine which listens on
localhost:631, and when you configure the printer, it includes the
double-sided option.  I set up one printer to print normally, and
another printer with a different name which prints double-sided by
default.  I don't know what you'd need to do to make it work under other
printing systems, but you will need the PPD from hp-ppd or and
equivalent.  Some versions of lpr have been hacked to allow passing
additional Postscript options, which lets you set double-sided printing,
but I thought setting up the extra printer under CUPS was easier.

HTH,
--
Stephen Ryan                                        Debian GNU/Linux
Technology Coordinator