Re: when is debian 3.0 coming out ?

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:32:13AM -0700, faisal gillani wrote:

does anyone knows the release date of debian 3.0 told
by the debian people ?

May 1, 2002.

Somewhere in the future, John Random Hacker wrote:

But Baloo, it's June 7th, why isn't woody stable?

Good question, John!  A quick search of Debian Planet will point you to
several explainations, all running along the lines, "Woody is
releasable, we just don't have a workable infrastructure for security
updates on all 11 architectures yet.  Stay tuned."

This answers two questions right now:

1) Barring (gauranteed controversial) intervention from aj(?), Mozilla
1.0 will *not* be in Woody.

2) Woody already *is* stable, just hasn't been moved to that tree yet on
a technicality.

- -- Baloo

Stick to your guns!
Its good to have a distribution that has such a wide range of hardware. I'm actually looking forward to trying this out on PPC and Sun hardware to see how similar/different it is. That and I think that Apple has the best looking hardware on the market for clients.