Re: Forcing 9600 or less kbps on modem - URGENT HELP!

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, curtis wrote:
> >from at&$ on my courier modem.
> >
> >&Nn   n=0  Highest Link Speed
> >   n=6  9600 bps
> >
> >Could be similar on other modems, or at least doable.  I can also set the
> >minimum speed.  You could set this on your modem, and then write it to
> >memory, or just put it in your init string.
> >
> But how would I do that?  Hyperterminal into the modem?  Or is it a
> initialization string that can be set from the actual server?

Hyperterminal into the modem if you want, and do

at&n=6
at&w

And that should write the &n=6 line into it's memory.. just remember it's
going to answer at 9600 now, till you reset it by erasing that line

I don't see anything in the mgetty.config that jumps out at me as doing
the same thing. there's a mention of mgettydefs, in /etc/gettydefs, but i
don't seem to have that file here, so I don't have an example for you, and
the man page is... cryptic.

Mike