Re: Possible anti-spam reject host

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:25:09AM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> | Spam is not new. Everyone knows it's a problem.  There is no excuse
> | anymore to be ignorant.
>
> I recently learned something about open relays.  Installing anti-virus
> software (eg Norton) on your MS server (that isn't an open relay) can
> turn it into an open relay.  :-).  Nice of them, isn't it?

... which is why you Never Ever put a microsoft product of any type directly on
the internet.  It MUST* be front-ended by a firewall / Unix mail relay / proxy
or a combination of those.

Which is where debian comes in.... (had to tie this back to debian so it's
"on topic".) :-)

Most of the broken (non-RFC compliant) mailers I have found have been MS based.

* "Must" being my personal edict, and just "good practice" in any case. I get
to flame those who cause problems by violating this "rule". What can I say, at
times I'm a BOFH. :-)