where to RTFM: Allowing remote X?

Hi, all.

I often have to debug X-based apps for my users.  In order to be able to
run the app as the user, I need to be able to accept X connections on my
desktop from their account on some other machine.  On non-Debian systems,
I've always been able to do the old quick and dirty "xset +<hostname>"
to allow clients run by other users to connect to my server; but on any
Debian system I've used, this doesn't work.

I assume that I need to do some xauth magic but I don't know what.  The
xauth manpage doesn't help (or it does but it's wasted on me...).

I recognize that xset is a security hole, but is there some way to turn
that functionality back on?  Or, what's the "right" way to do what I
want, using xauth or whatever?

Thanks,
-mrj
--
# Michael Jinks, IB # JFI/MRSEC/EFI Computing # University of Chicago #
      Reader!  Think not that