Re: his post is not off-topic

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 12:02:06PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
| On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 04:16:49AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
|
| > 	Who the hell cares about sheer numbers of users out there in
| > the wild? I sure as hell don't. If numbers had been important to me,
| > I would not have been wasting my time on Linux.
|
| While I enjoyed the way this topic entered the list, I am not enjoying
| the personal attacks in this discussion.  I am one of the users you
| don't care for.  That is sad.

Manoj doesn't care about <quote>sheer numbers of users</quote>.  By
that he means that he won't drop support for the stuff you need just
because 500 more users will join debian.

Consider these premises :
    you have an s390 on your desk.  (do they fit on desks? ;-))
    Manoj has only x86 systems
    releasing woody now with X 4.2 and KDE 3 (etc.) will bring 500 new
        users on the debian "bandwagon".
    woody isn't being released (in part) because s390 is now supported

Clearly if manoj is only interested in himself and/or the sheer number
of users, he would release woody now and ignore the fact that you need
s390 support.

Instead, as manoj said, he doesn't care for that and is glad to have
s390 support in Debian.  That's rather the opposite of not caring for
you.

HAND!
-D

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,