woody, alsa, terratec ewx => how?

 hi,

i am looking for a howto to install my terratec ewx. i am new to
linux and debian. i cannot find a documentation i can use - the ones
at alsaproject appear to be either old or i do not understand them /
things do not work, are different on debian.

could any kind soul who successfully runs this soundcard offer me
some hints about what i have to do?

i installed the sound modules during install of woody.

so far i did:
- apt-get install alsaplayer
- apt-get install muse

this - i assume - did install the driver as well.
i did find the alsa.conf in /usr/share/alsa - but what does it need
to fill in?

i found that i have to modprobe. i tried "modprobe ICE1712" as this
is the chip on the soundcard and i found out that this is
appropriate. though - where do i get that module from? how can i
check wether i still have some im portant alsa-stuff missing as i
assume that module should be included there?

somewhere i read about i had to do modprobe - with what file? or type
./snddevices - but this does not work and i believe that would need
to be done if i really installed it myself via ./configure etc and
not via apt-get.

searching google with "woody alsa install teratec ewx" also did not
come up with useful documents.

if anyone coule help me i would be grateful - i feel rather alone ...
;-)

i do have the demudi here on cd, but i think it would be better for
me not to use it so far as it is still very much in the beginning.
this version is from around autumn 2001 i think ... and there is no
new one yet (i am watching the events around that).

ok, sorry for asking, i wish i could have done it myself without
bothering you.

greetings,

tobias