Re: OT: mutt and followup_to

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:51:29AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
| On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 10:11:05AM +1000, Chris Kenrick wrote:
| > According to mutt doco, if one sets followup_to to yes, and adds a
| > mailing list definition eg subscribe debian_user@lists.debian.org, then
| > mutt will automagically add the Mail-Followup-To header to mails sent to
| > that list.
| >
| > At what point does the header get added?  When I use E to edit the
| > message with full headers just prior to sending, I don't see it.  Does
| > it get added later, or is there something I'm missing?
|
| Yeah, it appears to get added immediately before sending. As far as I
| know, the only way to override this is to add your own Mail-Followup-To:
| header.

http://www.fefe.de/muttfaq/faq.html

    How can I change the Mail-Followup-To Header?

    Simply set mutt's edit_hdrs variable, and supply one yourself.
    Mutt will generate a Mail-Followup-To header if and only if you
    didn't supply one, and the message is directed to at least one
    subscribed mailing list.

-D

--

The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction.