Re: Upgrade to Woody

> I'm currently using Debian's stable release but, due to some delays in
> the versions of some libraries that won't let me compile some programs,
> I would like to upgrade to Woody. My question is (of course): how!? Is
> apt-get dist-upgrade safe enough? Someone told me about "aptitude", but
> (again) I lack some libraries to compile a recent version of it.
>
> I would be very thankful for any opinions.

If you want to compile things yourself, I'm afraid I can't help you, but
if you just want the debian packages:

# nano /etc/apt/sources.list (change stable to woody/testing)
# apt-get update
# apt-get install apt apt-utils dpkg debconf
# apt-get -dy dist-upgrade (just download, doesn't require interference)
# apt-get dist-upgrade

this has always worked for me
good luck,

Joris