Re: What do I need for email virus checking on debian server?

Motiv8d <Motiv8d@Westnet.net.au> writes:
> Hi Further to my last post.  I would also like to be able to virus
> check email attachments, change extensions on .js etc
> What would be the suitable antivirus options? and
> Email package or addon that allows rule based modification of
> attachments and does the other things my last post mentioned.

For a decent free solution you can do what I do on my OpenBSD firewall
at home and use the E-mail Sanitizer
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html. It can't
scan binaries for viruses, but it can reject binaries altogether, or
rename them so the users can't just click on them to execute such
attachments.

I have no clue if this particular scanner is packaged under Debian but
I see Anomy is, under Debian package "sanitizer". It does much the
same thing and I understand the author of the procmail sanitizer is
going to work on Anomy once he gets a stable 2.x release out.

Gary