Re: in case you missed this from ponik

> I would just like to point out the legal saying that "big cases make bad
> law."  We're all irritated by one moron's behavior; that's not necessarily
> an argument for significant technical or policy changes.  By all
> indications he's gone, and in any case by the end of the day no fewer than
> four distinct solutions to his violations were posted.  Is there evidence
> that this is a more general problem?

Actually, yes. It's one of the worst cases of a problem.
I also get a couple spams a day from the list. We also have the cases of Windows
users posting questions to the list because the barrier to post is zero.

> Frankly, from my own observation, the more general problem is people who
> can't grasp the concept of a listmaster, so send messages with
> "unsubscribe" to the list. That seems easily soluble with a simple script.

This is true, a script can help. Search for a very short message with
"unsubscribe". This is a different type of problem.