alsa, woody and terratec ewx - howto install?

hi,

i am looking for a howto to install my terratec ewx. i am new to linux and
debian. i cannot find a documentation i can use - the ones at alsaproject
appear to be either old or i do not understand them / things do not work.

could any kind soul who successfully runs this soundcard offer me some hints
about what i have to do?

so far i did:
- apt-get install alsaplayer
- apt-get install muse

this - i assume - did install the driver as well.
i did find the alsa.conf in /usr/share/alsa - but what does it need to fill
in?

in /usr/share/alsa/cards there is a file ICE1712.conf. a comparison made me
no longer believe that i would just need to replace alsa.conf with a
renamed ICE1712.conf - what a pitty. ;-)

somewhere i read about i had to do modprobe - with what file? or type
./snddevices - but this does not work and i believe that would need to be
done if i really installed it myself via ./configure etc and not via
apt-get.

searching google with "woody alsa install teratec ewx" also did not come up
with useful documents.

if anyone coule help me i would be grateful - i feel rather alone ... ;-)

i do have the demudi here on cd, but i think it would be better for me not
to use it so far as it is still very much in the beginning. this version is
from
around autumn 2001 i think ... and there is no new one yet (i am watching
the events around that).

ok, sorry for asking, i wish i could have done it myself without bothering
you.

greetings,

tobias

http://www.gmx.net