RE: DNS resolution problem

Sorry to be replying to my own post, but there was a typo in my email.
I meant to say:

--- Begin erratum ---

dig @192.168.4.5 www.google.com

works just fine!  But putting 192.168.4.5 in /etc/resolv.conf and doing

dig www.google.com

doesn't work!

--- End erratum ---

This makes the point of the message: a nameserver which will do er3cursive
resolution for me when queried using dig will not do so when placed in
/etc/resolv.conf.

Sorry for the typo and best regards,

|      George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,         |
|      tel:   +357 99 68 08 86                  Strovolos,         |
|      email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,         |
|      web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus          |