Re: ISA network card

Well, I played around with ne2k-diag for a bit. It seemed to show the
card at io 0x340. Then I tried inserting the module with irq 5, a
random number that was not listed in /proc/interrupts. It seemed to
work when I ran ifup, and it shows a MAC address in ifconfig. But,
whenever I tried to ping my gateway address, it returned an error that
the eth0 transmit had timed out, one error message per packet.

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

Any ideas? I'm not sure if the interrupt can be arbitrary or if I have
to find a way to read it off the card.
--
Nick Traxler
Computer Science, Purdue University

"The two most common things in the Universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."