Re: Modules at boot time

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:33:55PM -0400, Kapil Khosla wrote:
> Hi,
> I got my sound card to work by doing
> modprobe trident
> modprobe sound
> but I have to do this everytime at boot time.
> I also did update-modules expecting that it will modify the .conf file and I will be all set but that doesnt seem to be the case,
> How should I proceed from here,
> Thanks
> Kapil

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap from 68-75 chars.  72 is a good default.

You have a couple of options ...

You could run modconf(same utility as runs during the Debian install),
which will then write the changes permanently for you.

Or just manually edit /etc/modules and add those two lines (trident and
sound).

More detailed info on how it all works can apparently be found in
/usr/share/doc/modutils

- Chris