Ip Masquerading

Thanks to you all for your suggestions for trying to connect my Linux
box to my Windows one via serial port, but after trying some things and
not being able to make it work I decided to try to do that via network

On the IP Masquerading HOWTO it says I have to edit my
"/etc/rc.d/rc.local" file, but actually I have 6 "rc?.d" folders in
/etc, and none of them have a "rc.local" file.  Is there an equivalent
file in Debian I could use?

Some help about this or a link to some Debian specific help will be

Thanks for your help..

Ronald Castillo