Re: Connect Linux to Windows XP

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 11:11:50AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Ronald Castillo writes:
> > Any tips on how can use PPP?
>
> It's trivial on the Linux end, but I'm not sure Windows can do it at all.

Windows can *do* it, but it's not particularly fun. Notably, I used mgetty
with it's auto_ppp feature, but Windows XP decided that since the remote was
echoing back characters, it was going to throw up an error box instead of
getting on with the login script that I'd prepared. Very very irritating.
But once it was set up, it worked.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/         araqnid@innocent.com