Re: Connect Linux to Windows XP

On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 10:09, Ronald Castillo wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to connect my Linux PC to a Windows XP
> one using the serial port, so the Linux PC can have the internet access
> that the Windows XP has.
>
> Any tips to make this work are very appreciated.

Of course you can connect 2 computers via a serial cable using
ppp, but, in this instance, why?  With such a small distance
between the 2 computers, use network cards, ethernet, and a
5-port hub.

You'll get _much_ faster speed also.

After you get some experience with Linux, you will want to
move the internet connection to your linux box, and have it
serve the WinXP box.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |