Re: How do I discover the X version I'm running?

--- synthespian@uol.com.br wrote:
> Hi-
>
> 	How do I know what X version I'm running?
> 	TIA
> 	Regs
> 	Henry

<<SNIP>>

Try:  dpkg -l xfree* | grep "^ii"

The output should be something like:

ii  xfree86-common 4.1.0-17       X Window System
(XFree86) infrastructure

dpkg is the debian package manager. The -l causes dpkg
to list all packages that match the pattern "xfree*".
The output of that command is piped "|" into the stdin
of grep which looks for lines that begin "^" with
"ii", lines for which the package is actually installed.

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"
See http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html