Re: what causes this error

justin cunningham wrote:

mysqladmin: CREATE DATABASE failed; error: 'You have an error in your
SQL syntax near 'whateverunamethedatabase'

I can complete every function with msyqladmin except create and drop.

What am I doing wrong.  I've read all the docs online, sent similar
emails with no response.  This is not an access denied error.  Select *
from user; shows root all privileges on locahost and hostname.
I am sshing into the box.  Do I need to add my router ip as a host?  I
don't know why this isn't working.  I'm running the damon with
--skip-every-possible-option but it is not working.

Can someone please explain to me why this isn't working.  Thanks to
anyone who relplies!  Regards, Justin

Why don't you try and send that over to the mySQL list at www.mysql.org. There may be
more knowledgeable people over there on the subject.

Robert