unresolved symbols on Woody with a RH module

Hello everyone,

I am running Woody with my own 2.4.18 kernel based on the 2.4.18-5 deb
package.  I have a supplier that has delivered a kernel module for a special
software modem that was developed using RH 7.2 with the default 2.4.7 kernel.

I have set CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y but when I try to insmod the module I get the
following-

suDriver.o: unresolved symbol boot_cpu_data_R65dda927
suDriver.o: unresolved symbol register_chrdev_R827e2e0f
suDriver.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
      assistance, only they can help you.

I hate to send my entire .config file unless it is needed, just let me know if
more is needed.

--
Thanks,
Bill Bell