Re: Configuring mod_perl on Debian

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Ian D. Stewart wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:14:26 -0400
> From: Ian D. Stewart <idstewart@compuvative.com>
> To: Jeff A <jeff@bircholme.com>
> Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org

It's not just about ease of getting started, it's about ease of
maintenance over time.  debian makes it very easy to keep your software up
to date (though you shouldn't even think about letting debian's package
configuration mess with your httpd.conf once you get going)

Also, if you want to install any debian package that depends on apache,
then debian is going to want a debian apache installation, and you have to
start jumping through hoops to keep it happy, or installing all the other
packages from source, which then also lose out on debian's tools for
keeping them up to date.

Andrew