Re: Menus not updating

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 07:41:08PM +0100, Martin Rowe wrote:

> I've recently installed Debian sid on my kids' box and it's running fine,
> except that the menus (in Blackbox) don't get updated after an apt-get
> install or dist-upgrade. A manual update-menus does the trick, but I'm
> wondering what is missing for it not to happen automagically. It runs
> fine on the other sid boxes I run.

Some package maintainers have not been adding entries for the menu
package to deal with like they used to.  Even more frustratingly, some
maintainers will claim they added entries, but when you grab the version
the maintainer claims they're in, they aren't there!  (As happened with
my bug report for the tin package which I should reopen)

I consider this a grave bug for newbies making the transition.

--
Baloo