not sure if i've really upgraded to unstable/sid

Hi.
When I did the dist-upgrade, I couldn't find a link to the unstable distribution
at debian.org to find out what to put in apt-get. So I just changed all the
testing lines to unstable. this apparently worked, as it upgraded over 100
packages, with the exception of the python-extclass which won't quite install or
uninstall. Another attempt at dist-upgrade revealed no more upgrading to be done
except for that one stuck package. But when I rebooted, the screen still says
debian 3.0. Is this correct?
When I originally went to woody, the screen changed to unstable/testing; of
course later it became debian 3.0. If I've really upgraded, should the screen
give me any indication?
Thanks.