Re: Burning an jigdo ISO

On 23 May 2002, curtis wrote:

> No, I think we're talking about different things.  I have just 1 CD that
> I burned off of a jigdo image.  I know nothing about any other CDs.  So,
> my question is why can't I install from the image I downloaded.

I think (from your description: woody-i386-8.iso.jigdo) this corresponds
to the 8th cd in the woody CD set, which are 8 in number. You need to use
number 1 for your base installation, for which the jigdo file is
woody-i386-1.iso.jigdo. The later ones would not contain the necessary
stuff.

You sound a little confused about jigdo. You just need the jigdo file
(which terminates in .jigdo) and if you run jigdo-lite on it with the
defaults (which is what I did) it will download the template file and
build the .iso file (which is the cd image) for you without any further
effort on your part. You will need a fast connection, of course, and you
might want to change the default behaviour of jigdo-lite to download more
than 10 .deb files at once.

I think you might have got your jigdo files from
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/woody/jigdo/

I did, and burned the first 4 cds without any problems.

Hope that clarifies things.

                                                  Faheem.