Re: Not-So-Ancient History (was Re: Maybe a corny idea ...)

>| On Sat, 18 May 2002 14:51:46 -0700 Paul Scott ><paslist@ultrasw.com> wrote:
>| | Mozilla displays this message perfectly and >both levels of ">" are in
>| | the message source here.
>
>Both?  There's 3 (or more) levels of indents >there with only 2 levels
>of '>'.
>
>| >==================================================
>| >|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||>|
>| >==================================================
>|
>| Paul Scott:
>|
>| It would seem that the Earthlink Webmail is >very
>| spartan.  It has no fine control over the >system,
>| and refuses to set 'word wrapping,' let alone
>| quote specifications.  I try to set a spacer
>| between the previous message and my own, but it
>| seems that it wasn't enough, before.  I have >since
>| expanded the spacer in hopes of providing a
>| clearer email.
>
>It isn't really clearer.  It rather makes it harder to figure out on
>some terminals (think of limited screen real-estate).  The normal mode
>of quoting is to indent it with a delimiter.  When scanning the left
>side of these messages to find the beginning of your text, the qouted
>text is found first (and appears not quoted) and that is what makes it
>hard to read.  MS Outhouse is the same way (by default).
>
>| As for possibly fixing the problem, we may all have to jump on
>| Earthlink to make their webmail more functional.
>
>You go do that, or get a decent mailer.  Earthlink provides an
>SMTP smarthost, don't they?  Configure your (debian) box to use it and
>then you can use a real program like mutt :-).

Only one problem with that.  I ordered new Linux
CD's, and they seem to have vanished.  Tought me a
good lesson, however ... not all vendors listed on
debian.org are legit.  I will go with Edmund
Enterprises (or something like that; that's how I
remember it) the next time I order CD's.

Anyway, I will try Powerlink.  I have only a 19.2
modem at home.  With the addition of an Ethernet
card, I can use Powerlink (or so it's said).  Hope
I won't have any problems ...

Probably will keep the Earthlink, though.

->Scwawcaac<-