Re: Fw: Re: video devices on firewire, anyone?

> > I'm looking for someone who has successfully worked with video capture
> > devices on firewire on Debian 3.0 with 2.4 kernels.  If you are this
> > person, please contact me off-list - I have several questions :-)
>
> What device are you looking to use?  I frequently use a firewire
> connection to my DV8 camcorder to pull video from it.

I'm trying to use a Pyro 1394 Web Cam on the firewire.

http://www.adstech.com/products/PYRO1394WebCam/intro/PYRO1394WebCam.asp?pid=API-200

Nancy

ps.  I also have a WinTV card:

04:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 11)
04:0f.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 11)

that I'm having problems with WRT videodev.  I am unable to get bttv, tuner, videodev
to build for this as per:

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/linux.htm