lost route (network unreachable)

For a few days now, I haven't been able to reach a few of the servers on
my network. Every time I try to connect to one, I get an error that
includes the message "network is unreachable."
When I run netstat -r, all the hosts that I can't reach appear as
follows:

hostname.mydomain.com   255.255.255.255 !H      - -     - -

The !H is under the "flags" column... unfortunately, I have no idea what
that flag means, if anything.

I tried running route add -host hostname.mydomain.com (though I have no
idea if that's supposed to work or not) and get the following:

SIOCADDRT: No such device

I've got a static IP on my machine and other people with static IPs can
reach said hosts.

Any ideas?