Re: php4.2.1

Does anyone know why the php-4.2.1 packages are not ready yet?
They're not even in the unstable branch yet (not even php4.2.0 ...
i was just wondering beacuse previous releases of php made it
much faster into unstable and thereafter into testing.

I'm not sure... but the recent changes in PHP's functionality that were
introduced in PHP 4.2.0 received some "angry" comments from some
sysadmins and web programmers... not that the functions are buggy but the
consequences they present.

I think the changes were a long needed cleanup of PHP. A step that needed to be taken at some time, even if it hurts some people.

And People who want to can configure PHP to be backward compatible very easily.

I would like to see the php-4.2.1 packages ready soon, too.

Best regards,

Vinai