Re: Compaq RIB

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 17:42, techlists@techgod.net wrote:
> I'm setting up a Compaq ML370, and one of the developers wants me to install X.  The box boots with video defaulted to the Compaq RIB, which has an ATI rage IIc video chipset.  I've configured things normally.  Used the ati driver, but when I try to start X it says
>
> ATI(0): Adapter has not been initalised
>
> Screens found, but none have a usuable configuration.
>
> Has anyone successfully gotten x to run on a Compaq RIB before?

Yes. On a ML370 aswell. Didn't do anything special. Just configured and
it worked. So Im not much help. Makes me think that there's some config
option mistake, like the wrong amount of vram set or something.

Maybe also check your BIOS config, IRQ assignments and Compaq SmartStart
utility to make sure everything is sane.

Crispin