Re: Recommended tape backup software - disk failures

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:25:59AM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:
> hi ya
> a nice picture of what causes a system to fail... disks or ???
> 	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Disks/Disk_Failure.gif
> 	( its from an IDC survey )
> ( the picture stolen/copied from
> http://safersite.net/NSS15AFaultTolerantUsersStoragePowerandNetworks.htm
> 	- but it seems they moved that url...

    That is completely outside my experience.

    I've had users nuke the operating system, but the computer
    didn't fail, the OS did. A fresh install and everything but the
    users data was peachy.

    Those 15 75Gig IBM drives OTOH...

My last cigarette was roughly 28 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes ago.