Re: Software RAID question

Thank ya Alvin for all the help. By what youi wrote the first time I was not clear on wether or not you knew I did not have a hardware controller.

But the built in kernel raid is what I was talking about. Thanks for the additional info it will help a lot.

Robert

Alvin Oga wrote:
hi ya robert

am only referring to software raid ( raid features in the kernel as you
call it )...

lots of different software raid howto....

-which one best suits you would depend on where you are
in the raid process
- convertng an existing system ( not too easy )
- installing from scratch ( simplest )
- which installer you're using
- how versed ya are about installing "anythng"

- doing it right and testing it... the tricky part..

more confusing/conflicting info and howtos..
http://www.1U-Raid5.net

c ya
alvin