Re: apic error on dual Celeron with Abit BP6

There is no fixing the problem, the BP6 put the missing SMP
functionality of the Celeron processor into the motherboard's chipset,
which causes some strangeness. (at least, that's as far as I understand)

I have an identical board and procs, and when I had Linux on it (it has
since become the wifey's machine, so it now has .. umm .. that _other_
OS on it), the APIC error seemed to be better or worse with different
kernels. I found that the later 2.4.x kernels handled it much better.

As far as it spitting out to the console, I seem to remember that that
was kernel specific too. Under later kernels, those errors were simply
tossed into the kernel log. At which point it was easy to ignore them.

You also might want to check and make sure you have the latest BIOS
installed.

Sean

--

GPG Public Key available: http://sean.gutenpress.org/sean.asc