Re: word format

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 11:46:45PM -0400, ALL37@aol.com wrote:
| I was e-mailing a resume and the person could not open file.  He said to use
| word format.  I wrote my resume in Microsoft works and then saved in my
| documents and the e-mail him for AOL with attachments.  If you could tell me
| what I did wrong I would appreciate it.

Proprietary file formats like "word format" suck.  Only the creator of
the format can actually use it, which means you must pay MS a lot more
money to be able to do only what they will allow you to with it.
(sure there are programs like abiword and antiword, but they only
kinda work and tend to really mess up the formatting of some stuff)

The solution is to use an Open and Free format such as "plain text".

-D

--

(E)ventually (M)allocs (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage