Re: (fwd) Re: Upgrade Potato to Woody (3.0)

On Wed, 15 May 2002 14:43:58 +0200
"Lukas Ruf" <ruf@tik.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> after I have sent this message to debian-testing, I resend I to this
> list.  Maybe anyone here has any idea.
>
> The upgrade was from 2.2r to 3.0 -- now, I can use neither dselect:
(snip)
> nor apt-get
(snip)
> dpkg still works and I can use the network .-)
>
> Has anyone any idea?

Have you tried manually installing the "apt" and/or "apt-utils" package
from Woody?  I seem to recall seeing this as a recommended step prior to
attempting the upgrade from Potato to Woody.

--
Jamin W. Collins