Re: Problem with cups (cupsd and admin.cgi hang)

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 06:46:38PM +0200, Michael Schwind wrote:

> i have Problems when i want to add a Printer, the command line tool and
> the web interface will not work. After pressing the button where you can
> choose the printer, the admin.cgi hangs with about 30% CPU-Time and cupsd
> needs about 60% CPU-Time.
>
> While booth are hanging, cups fills then file /var/log/access.log
> permanently with the entry:
>
> name - root [tt/mm/yyyy:hh:mm:ss +0200] "POST /admin/ HTTP/1.1" 401 0

I had the same problem a week or so ago, and after much trial and error
managed to get it working (the command line tools only, though, I'd also
like to know how to get the web interface working).  I can send you my
cupsd.conf offlist if you're interested, as I think that that is where the
problem is.  Unfortunately, I don't know what change made it work.  I was
getting pretty crazy at the time, due to extreme frustration.  I'd still
like to get the web interface working, as it would make it far easier to
change the driver settings (DPI, paper type, etc).
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/