nvidia geforce2 mx 200 video card not working

my friend (who knows a lot more about installing linux than i) and i attempted to install debian 2.2r6 (potato) on a partition on my new compaq presario 6024 with an nvidia geforce2 mx 200 64 meg video card, we got it to co-exist with windows xp but when trying to configure xwindows we couldn't find any support for the card and any of the other cards we chose made it freak out with computer fuzz obscuring everything. does anyone know how we can make it work/if there are drivers for this we should seek out, etc.? thanks.