Re: Debian packages MD5 sums

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 00:01, Sandeep Gopal Nijsure wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for MD5 sums of the latest versions of clean Debian packages
> for "testing"  distribution. I wanted them so that I could compare them
> with the sums of packages installed on a machine to see if a machine has
> been compromised. Please let me know the URL where they are made public,
> if at all they are.

Try debsums.  Not all packages have it, but some do.  Also a few weeks
ago there was a thread on this.  I think they came up with a way of
using tar and the .debs that were laying around to verify the installs.
Also there was another thread a few days ago about how to reinstall the
entire system.  It basically told apt to reinstall all the packages by
using the output from dpkg --get-selections.
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."