Re: Is there any tool like purify(memory leak check tool) for LI

On 13-May-2002 dman wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:36:31PM +0530, Deepak Kotian wrote:
>| Hi,
>|
>| Is there any tool like purify(memory leak tool) for LINUX. Or any
>| free software which can be used to check memory leaks on a C/c++
>| program.
>
> memprof is one such tool.  I've used it a little bit.  I've also heard
> of Electric Fence and some others, but haven't done serious enough
> C/C++ programming to actually try them.

none of them are as cool and featureful as purify.  Of all of the tools I have
used, I miss that one most.  Unfortunately apps like that are decidedly hard to
write and the commercial ones are REALLY expensive for most home hackers.  In
fact some companies will only sell per seat licenses with seat > 3.